Friday, March 20, 2009

Anticipation mounting prior to Internship

It is now but a week and a half prior to my start at Whistiling Straits, and in all seriousness I am very excited for this opportunity to learn on such a unique course. There was a bit of turbulence during the final week of classes, as I found out the superintendent who hired me, had left in pursuit of a job nearer his home further west. Needless to say I was quite thrown, because I had many conversations with Dave Swift, and he seemed incredibly passionate as well as insightful. However, in fine style my feelings on the matter were resurrected after I had talked to the new superintendent, Chris Zugel, he was Dave's assistant for a few years, and has worked at all four courses at the Kohler resort. So i'm quite sure he will have extensive knowledge to pass on to me, which will in turn help me greatly both during my internship as well as in future years to come. I was reassured by Chris and a few people in the human resources department that Whistling offers a very extensive internship program that is incrediblly fruitful and offers the broad spectrum of jobs and responsibility. My first day will be the 30th of March, when the snow has finally given way, and spring commences into full swing. I find myself so excited, I can only relate it to something incredibly profound, or perhaps a christmas morning during my youth, or an open bowl with waist deep powder that has yet to be tainted by fellow skiers, anyway, you get the point. And until next time i'll leave you with this; The wetter and wetter it gets the more it dries.

No comments:

Post a Comment